The Community Builders, Inc. is one of the largest and most accomplished non-profit development corporations in the United States.
- Build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential.
- Plan, finance, develop, and operate high-quality affordable housing.
- Coordinate access to support services and asset-building activities.
- Collaborate with neighborhood groups, residents, public and private agencies, and philanthropic interests to shape community and economic initiatives.
- Focus on meeting the needs of low-income people not effectively served by market forces.
- Transform large-scale distressed housing projects into anchors for revitalization efforts.
- Serve as a long-term stakeholder in the neighborhoods we help transform.
- Create effective local implementation teams that combine neighborhood understanding, technical skills, and managerial ability.
- 49-year track record of planning, developing, and managing high-quality affordable housing.
- 320 projects and 25,000 housing units completed in 15 states.
- 420,000 square feet of commercial/retail space developed.
- $2.5 billion in project financing assembled.
- $800 million in equity raised.
- 15 HOPE VI public housing transformations completed.
- Manage almost 9,000 units at over 100 properties in 14 states.
- Coordinate community initiatives at many of our large assisted and public housing sites.
- 2,000 residents placed in jobs and $16.7 million returned to communities through annual Earned Income Tax Credit/Asset Building (EITC/ABC) campaigns.
- Playing a leading role in assisted housing transformation via the Choice Neighborhoods, Section 8, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, and Neighborhood Stabilization programs.
The Community Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.