SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Primary Function and Scope:
Responsible for reviewing all documents from the customer and the Sales Department in order to develop concepts and costing for special purpose machines. Day-to-day tasks include, but not limited to, the following duties:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical design concepts for various customer specific automation applications by developing sound, working mechanical and controls solutions.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of the assembly and test automation technologies.
- Have a working knowledge of robotics, machine controls and manufacturing processes and the ability to keep abreast of leading-edge technology.
- Work with Purchasing and Manufacturing Departments to develop quotes.
- Obtain and prepare detailed estimates of time, quantities, labor and material costs required for disciplines such as product design, software development, machine building, equipment installations and acceptance testing.
- Analyze material from all compiled resources and write a clear, concise proposal in a draft format using Word document templates. Review all aspects of proposal with Partners, Chief Engineer, and other Application Engineers. Re-organize, edit and revise proposal as necessary.
- Establish timing and sequence charts of all motion-based assembly and test tasks.
- Present ideas, concepts and pricing information in a clear, concise manner suitable for technical audiences.
- Comfortable with leading kick-off meetings when projects are awarded and defining the scope of work adequately enough to allow a Project Manager and Project Team to begin work on the system.
- Develop and present demonstrations and applications of proposed products or solutions to both internal and external customers.
- Work closely with all business segments in developing customer automation solutions.
- Good organizational skills including computer file management and personal space.
- Travel to the customer’s site to assist in project or product development, work with engineering design specifications, or objectives and standards as needed. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Provide follow up sales presentations to customer personnel, when required.
- Assigned special projects in support of Engineering, Sales and Marketing, as required.
- Attend post-project review meetings to analyze the successes and opportunities for improvement of projects in respect to profitability and technical satisfaction.
- Observe company safety procedures.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime including Saturdays and Sundays.
- Any other task assigned by management within scope of position, federal and state regulations.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. (1)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A post-secondary diploma or degree in mechanical engineering. A minimum of five-years experience in mechanical engineering in the design of custom machines and/or automation equipment is required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Good communication skills required. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general technical procedures. Ability to write reports.
CHARTERISTICS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB:
- Flexibility – willing to work overtime when necessary and travel if needed
- Time Management Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to work well with others
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Wide variety of duties requiring considerable judgment to work independently such as devising new methods, adapting or changing standard procedures to meet new conditions, and making decisions guided by precedent and within established policies.
OTHER: Proficiency required in AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook Knowledge of Excel and Access programs. Experience or knowledge of researching on the Internet. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload. Organizational skills, flexible, integrity and ability to work independently. Willing to travel and work overtime if necessary.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. (1)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
||Lifting - 25 pounds minimum required
Carrying - 25 pounds minimum required
|Pushing - 25 pounds minimum required
||Pulling - 25 pounds minimum required
|Understand the English language
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working outside between 0-15 percent of the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Employee may be asked on occasion to do other physical activities not listed above as necessary.
(1) Duties and responsibilities are considered to be the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.