SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Primary Function and Scope:
Applies coat of paint to structures by performing the following duties:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor. **
- Smoothes surfaces and removes particles, paint from surfaces to prepare surfaces for painting. **
- Washes surfaces prior to painting if necessary. **
- Paints surfaces with spray gun, using personal protective equipment (face mask). **
- Updates and maintains contact information: who, when, where. **
Duties and responsibilities noted with asterisks (**) are considered to be essential functions of the job.
- Notify purchasing when supplies are needed, such as but not limited to paint and/or painting materials
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Keep loading dock clean and clear of debris, including snow and ice
- Willing and able to work overtime including weekends when necessary
- Observe safety procedures including but not limited to wearing proper safety equipment such as face mask, eye protection, and respirator.
- Other duties as necessary when requested by management within Federal and State regulations for the position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.(1)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School degree or GED with 2 years work experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Attention to deal.
Good communication skills required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures.
CHARTERISTICS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB:
- Flexibility – willing to work overtime
- Time Management Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to take directions
- Ability to work well with others
Ability to calculate figures. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Wide variety of duties requiring considerable judgment to work independently such as devising new methods, adapting or changing standard procedures to meet new conditions, and making decisions guided by precedent and within established policies.
Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload. Organizational skills, strong detail skills, flexible, integrity and ability to work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.(1)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
1. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY CHART:
Lifting - 50+ pounds minimum required
Carrying - 50+ pounds minimum required
Pushing - 50+ pounds minimum required
Pulling - 50+pounds minimum required
Speaking - Understand the English language
Color Vision - Good color vision needed
- Employee may on occasion be asked to do other physical activities not listed above within federal and state regulations.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made if possible.