Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders-empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact. BCG Platinion
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial - nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group's existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients' total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion's interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
What You'll Do
At BCG Platinion, we are looking for full stack Lead/Principal Engineers to lead the design, development, and implementation of Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) for clients looking to transform in the digital space. Our ideal candidates will have a combination of consulting experience, solutions architecture, and core engineering experience within web applications, mobile optimized solutions, some data analytics experience, and cloud to create beautiful, state of the art products for our clients.
Join us if you:
Work iteratively in collaborative teams.
- You are excited to prototype at all levels of fidelity-and have the humility to walk away from ideas when they fail. You have the ability and enthusiasm to work with researchers, engineers, business consultants, and other designers who will all challenge and support each other.
Thrive and lead in a world of constant ambiguity.
- You know how to lead small to mid-sized projects, manage relationships, and publish thought leadership documents in a constantly changing setting that isn't always well-defined. In other words: businesses move fast.
Lead/Principal Engineers at BCG Platinion are:
- Iterative. They are excited to prototype at all levels of fidelity-and have the humility to walk away from ideas when they fail.
- Collaborative. They have the ability and enthusiasm to work with researchers, engineers, business consultants, and other designers who will all challenge and support each other.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. They know projects and businesses move fast. That means the path forward isn't always well-defined. They are comfortable and collaborative through our process.
- Leaders. They lead small to mid-sized projects, manage client relationships, writing and present thought leadership pieces.
In your role as a Lead/Principal Engineer at BCG Platinion, you will:
- Play a key role in the design and development of digital apps, APIs, and data solutions to drive digital transformation projects for web, mobile, data, and related digital capabilities
- Provide expertise in key aspects of software engineering such as architecture, security, scalability, performance, and usability
- Research new technologies and develop prototypes, POCs, and MVPs
- Interact with clients -- Lead ideation and brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions, demonstrate work to executive stakeholders, transfer knowledge and product support to client development teams
- Help grow the Engineering practice within BCG Platinion through mentoring and leading members of the practice in the field of software engineering - developing talent, providing direction, promoting Agile principles, and overseeing output and projects
- Contribute to the running of BCG Platinion's consulting business by:
- Assisting with business development through writing proposals, scoping projects
- Contributing to our thought leadership through written publications and speaking at events and conferences
- Lead small to mid-size projects as a project manager: Establishing a sustainable pace for team's work, maintaining pipeline of products and projects, ensuring on-time delivery of product and projects, partnering with Product, Design, and Data teams, and providing weekly status reports to client team
- Travel around the globe to work with clients and BCG teams. At times, this role involves significant travel to client sites. The amount of travel will depend on client needs and nature of projects
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. for more information on E-Verify.