Technology & digital
Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders-empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact. BCG Platinion
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial - nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group's existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients' total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion's interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
What You'll Do
At BCG Platinion, our Financial Engineering team leads organizations in best practices at the intersection of quantitative finance and data analytics. Our financial engineering senior consultants are experts in quantitative analysis, modeling financial products, data manipulation, and visualization techniques.
In this role you will combine relevant technical skills to enhance clients' end to end modeling processes and help support the growth of our Financial Engineering practice.
Senior IT Consultants and Managers at BCG Platinion are:
- Collaborative. They are interdisciplinary team players who seek alignment and establish relationships ranging from cross-functional stakeholder groups to existing security teams.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. They know the path forward isn't always well-defined. They are comfortable and confident working through the unknown.
- Technical experts. They are critical thinkers and have financial engineering expertise that drives novel solutions routed in complexity.
- Change agents. They know how to make change happen across an organization. They work with teams to implement robust technical solutions. They embrace complex challenges and guide an organization to optimize their end to end modeling processes.
You're Good At:
- Anaplan Model Building with a familiarity of advanced analytics and corporate finance concepts
- End-to-end Anaplan implementations and integrating Anaplan with other ERP systems.
- Translating Excel models into Anaplan and managing application design sessions
- Development, validation, and review of complex models or financial structures
- Optimization, Monte Carlo analysis, Scenario design and generation
- Data manipulation with a variety of programming languages
- Writing model documentation related to clients' internal requirements
- Interfacing with and providing advice to senior leaders of top-tier organizations
- Supporting development of risk management topics: Agile, AML, CCAR, and CECL
- Working on other ongoing practice support and development contributions
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Bachelors (Masters preferred, too) in Finance, Economics, Physics, or a related quantitative field
- 4+ years of management consulting experience in planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting strategies.
- Experience with risk modeling, optimization, statistics, or quantitative finance, preferably with management consulting experience
- Certified Anaplan Model Builder
- Experience with at least two end-to-end Anaplan implementations and integrating Anaplan with other ERP systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage client relationships
- A results-oriented, team-player attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel to work with clients and BCG teams. The amount of travel will depend on client needs and nature of projects.
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world's best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible-and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. for more information on E-Verify.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.