Procurement Excellence Specialist
White Plains, NY
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That's just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
To enable the ZEISS Group's future growth Shared Services support the Business Segments and Business Units to ensure scalability as well as effectiveness and efficiency.
In this full-time process excellence role, you are the Expert who will roll out new technical solutions and processes for purchasing as well as improve existing. You will do so cooperating closely with the departments across ZEISS's Business Units working within the purchase to pay processes to ensure improvements and efficiencies are gained throughout the entire process. Your goal will be to deliver benefits to the organization driving digitalization and automation.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
- Analyze existing processes within procurement to pay
- Develop solutions to improve the processes while focusing on increased performance towards the end customer, and cost efficiency. Make use of harmonization and scalability to drive digitalization.
- Actively identify and seek out new opportunities to reduce cost and increase optimization of existing processes (e.g. online catalog)
- Discuss processes and improvements with stakeholders within the company to get commitment.
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships and an active network within ZEISS regionally and globally to facilitate change.
- Manage projects to implement improvements (e.g. change in processes, implementation of tools).
- Support the NPM Team and other colleagues by providing regular reporting and ad hoc data as needed (some manual (Excel) some automated)
- Be the GoTo person for the Business Units for the NPM tools:
- Training (incl. creating documentation on tools)
- Bachelor's degree in business, IT, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience purchasing systems, data warehouses, finance.
- Experience managing complex projects in a complex environment.
- Ability to analyze opportunities for cost and efficiency improvement.
- Financial skills to assess the total cost of processes.
- Communication, interpersonal and intercultural skills necessary to build effective working relationships with stakeholders at different management levels and supply partners. Facilitate cross-organizational discussions and drive consensus on strategies and processes globally.
- Expertise in data and process analysis.
- Ability to work with a wide range of technical, sales, manufacturing, management personnel and business process owners up to senior management.
- Be comfortable acting as a change agent and be able to keep the "big picture" in focus, in order to create win-win outcomes.
- Strong IT skills for MS Office, SAP FI and WM, Jaggaer, data warehouses, SharePoint.
- Able and willing to frequently travel within the US and Internationally.
- Have a strong intrinsic motivation.
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer