Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders-empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact. BCG Platinion
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial - nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group's existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients' total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion's interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
What You'll Do
At BCG Platinion, we're bringing design to the front line of business challenges and creating work that solves problems in novel, feasible, and desirable ways. We are looking for someone passionate about owning every detail of the UI for digital products - from interactions and motion to fonts and grids - and thinks in terms of design systems. If your strengths lean towards ethnography or information architecture, see our other listings, because this isn't quite right for you.
Lead/Principal Experience Designers at BCG Platinion are:
- Flexible and user-focused. They have the ability to design in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity, all while employing appropriate human-centered design methods.
- Visual exceptional. They are highly skilled in creating and critiquing, because they believe that emotion and presentation matter equally as much as usability.
- Iterative. They are excited to prototype at all levels of fidelity-and have the humility to walk away from ideas when they fail.
- Collaborative. They have the ability and enthusiasm to work with researchers, engineers, business consultants, and other designers who will challenge and support one another.
- Communicators. They have strong verbal, written, and presentation skills, and the ability to provide the rationale behind their design decisions to colleagues and clients.
- Empathetic. They desire to truly understand humans and their behavior-and turn complex tasks into intuitive, easy-to-use solutions.
- Architectural thinkers. They are not only able to understand and visualize complex systems, but work with engineers and systems architects to design solutions that will last.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. They know projects and businesses move fast. That means the path forward isn't always well-defined. They are comfortable and collaborative through our process.
- Leaders. They lead mid-sized to large projects, manage client relationships, writing and publishing thought leadership documents.
You're Good At:
- Working with diverse sets of clients across domains and industries
- Leading the design and prototyping of digital products-websites, apps, and beyond-at all levels of fidelity
- Collaborating with researchers, engineers, business consultants, and other designers to create world-class work
- Conducting user research, communicate findings, translate insights into great new experiences
- Envisioning new, novel experiences beyond what is expected-pushing the envelope beyond screens towards the edge of interaction and technology
- Broadening your skill set beyond your core abilities-which might include project management, client relationship management, and/or technological skill development
- Mentoring and leading members of the team in human-centered design and the field of UI design to develop talent, provide direction, and oversee output and projects
- Contributing to BCG Platinion | MAYA Design's consulting business by:
- Assisting with business development through writing proposals, scoping projects, and convincing clients of the value of Human-Centered Design
- Contributing to our thought leadership through written publications and speaking at events and conferences
- Leading large complex projects as a project manager
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. for more information on E-Verify.