Customer Care/Technical Support Representative
White Plains, NY
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That's just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
Be a key member of the team delivering industry leading customer care and technical support for ZEISS Consumer Products. While coordinating with repair, dealer service and sales teams, resolve consumer issues and drive high levels of customer satisfaction. Develop expert-level product knowledge to troubleshoot technical challenges, and effectively inform consumer purchase decisions. With the highest level of professionalism, be the resource our customers contact via phone and the web for assistance on all things ZEISS.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
- Present and available to answer customer phone calls, advising customers on sending product for repair, the repair process, warranty coverage, exchanges, technical support, and any other customer queries
- Coordinate customer activities with the other consumer products teams, keeping the Customer Care Manager aware of potential problems and escalations.
- Provide exceptional technical support to consumers for the entire catalog of ZEISS sports optics products.
- Maintain a "can-do" attitude while fielding, and driving the resolution of, customer issues.
- Be a key point of contact for consumers via phone, email, web-based inquiries, and voice mail messages.
- Coordinate with the service center to recommend appropriate product replacements and upgrades.
- Enter warranty replacement, repair estimate and sales orders into SAP as required.
- Accurately update service cases in Salesforce as contacts with customers occur.
- Receive consumer spare part requests and accurately process spare parts orders.
- Infrequently attend events or trade shows, as required.
- Other duties or projects as assigned by the Customer Care Manager.
- HS Diploma or GED required; Associate degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years experience in customer care, technical support or a related field preferred.
- Experience using hunting or nature observation optics (riflescopes, binoculars, spotting scopes) is required.
- Knowledge of hunting firearms and ballistics is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal & written) to effectively serve all customer mentalities.
- Strong trouble shooting skills; Problem solving mindset with attention to detail.
- SAP and Salesforce experience is strongly preferred. Aptitude to quickly become proficient with these applications is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, Teams)
- Position is based in White Plains, NY or Hebron, KY*
- Full-time remote employment may be considered based on candidate's credentials.
- Minimal travel may be required
- Ability to work remotely, as necessary, is required.
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer