GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50manufacturing locations in 15countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to bebetter in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Accountable for local commercial management and assigned non-strategic sourcing for the geographical area under his / her responsibility
Buyer geographical area normally a defined scope within a larger site or a smaller site
Responsible for in-contract modifications, minor transfers or new products; ensuring that products are sourced at competitive prices in line with aerospace commodity strategy Management of supplier delivery for parts sourced as modifications, transfers or new products until FAI is achieved.
* Buyer geographical area normally a defined scope within a larger site or a smaller site
* Responsible for reporting procurement activity and site reviews for the geographical area under his / her responsibility Responsible for the geographical area interface between program and commodity management for new sourcing and change programs in line with the group commodity strategy
* Support commodity managers for the geographic region supplier selection RFQ / RFP with the use of E-Sourcing tools
* Support parts / supplier transfers and industrialization (Major transfers)
* Responsible for parts / supplier transfers and industrialization (Minor transfers) through to FAI
* Drive implementation of global / regional agreements within geographic area
* Responsible for the transfer of parts from PO to Schedule including the negotiation of moving from Schedule to consignment / DLF etc
* Responsible for all PO demands placed upon suppliers to ensure that Key Objectives of cost, quality and delivery are secured
* Responsible for site procurement change control, export control and ITAR
* Responsible for the delivery / maintenance / Integrity of site BOM
* Responsible for ensuring item / contract data is updated and maintained
* Responsible for the flow down of enabled customer materials, pricing and skyline forecasts to Suppliers
* Responsible for developing and supporting site cost reduction opportunities and supplier development plans in-line with business requirements.
* Responsible for supplier risk including use of rate readiness templates and awareness of Dunn & Bradstreet for financials
* Responsible for Managing Raw Material Inventory levels for Purchase Order parts in line with program targets and start dates.
* Responsible for the resolution of Invoice queries related to pricing
* Be an escalation point for any cost / contractual issues with Suppliers working with Senior Buyers and commodity management where further escalation is required.
* BSc degree, or equivalent in a Business, Engineering, or Science discipline
* Minimum of 1 years of relevant business experience in Procurement / Commercial or Supply Chain Management roles
* Previous experience with MRP
* An ability to build relations with a supplier network and having insight in suppliers processes
* A track record of Leadership to work with cross functional teams
* MCIPS or related qualifications
* Negotiation and contract negotiation experience
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York CIty