HOK is seeking a talented Wayfinding Design Specialist is a passionate, innovative, and collaborative experiential designer to jump in and be part of our energetic and ambitious Experience Design team. This position offers an exciting opportunity to integrate graphic communication, branding, signage and wayfinding in fresh and creative ways for high-profile projects.
With roots in wayfinding and signage design, we take great pride in creating innovative multi-platform design systems that help people find their way. We know that our success depends on a team of people who share this passion. If you find inspiration in tackling complex information in order to produce intuitive and thoughtful design solutions, we want to hear from you
- Creates unique designs and branding signage programs for complex wayfinding projects.
- Understand target audiences' cognitive, cultural, physical and social environment to lead in the planning and executing of design.
- Plan, analyze and create visual solutions to communication problems.
- Interface with clients on project needs.
- May supervise junior team members on project assignments.
- Leads mock-up design reviews for errors before the final production or client presentation.
- May participate in marketing efforts with other senior staff such as client interviews and proposal preparation.
- Assist in all phases of project planning and implementation including concept design, design development, construction development, construction documents, bidding and fabrication for way finding/signage and graphic/ branding projects in the studio.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Travel may be required.
- Overtime may be required.
- The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, graphic design, industrial design or related degree required.
- 5 plus years of related experience in with the design, development and implementation of large scale environmental graphic design projects required.
- LEED credential required within 12 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.